FAQs – Registration & Specializations

How do I change my specialization?
Please contact your advisor (jwaters4@umd.edu) if you wish to change your specialization from the one which you applied for.

NOTE: Students interested in the School Library specialization must be admitted to the program and submit paperwork beyond the additional application materials. If you’re a current student who is interested in switching to the School Library specialization, please contact and advisor in order to review your transcript for any existing coursework that can be applied and to discuss the documentation that you must submit. This includes:

How do I register for classes?
You register for classes using Testudo. You can find detailed instructions on registration in the 2017 How To Register Guide.

I’m an in-person student – can I take classes online?
Yes! You can take courses in any format. Just note that if you take courses in multiple formats in a single semester, fees are assessed separately.

I’m an online student – can I take classes in person?
Yes! You can take courses in any format. Just note that if you take courses in multiple formats in a single semester, fees are assessed separately.  If you applied solely as an online student and never submitted immunization records, you are required to submit immunization records before taking an in-person class.