ProQuest is seeking a Temp Content Editor – Supreme Court Insight
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Performing quality checks on vendor-produced XML of Supreme Court documents.
- Creating XML documents of Supreme Court case histories, selecting Public Laws, U.S. Code and U.S. Reports citations, and descriptive subject terms that reflect the content of the case.
- Mastering software and computer systems necessary to perform duties.
- Using editorial skills and independent judgment to produce high-quality work that requires little or no review.
- Conducting background research, as needed, on current and retrospective Supreme Court cases.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the Supreme Court processes and ProQuest product databases to facilitate value-add creation.
- Taking a proactive role in ensuring editorial value-adds enhance product marketability and profitability.
What You’ll Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to synthesize information
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Relevant background or interest
- Computer literacy, especially with Microsoft Office Suite
Rate: $15/hr, up to 40 hours per week
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Emma Silverman (email@example.com) by February 24, 2017.