The 2018-2019 Competition is Now Open!
We are now accepting applications to teach or research in over 125 countries through the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program. Opportunities are available for college and university faculty and administrators as well as for professionals, artists, journalists, scientists, lawyers, independent scholars and many others.
Fulbright continues to offer Flex Awards, which allow grantees to complete a grant in two or three shorter segments. Fulbright also offers opportunities for multi-country grants through enhanced global and regional awards, including the Fulbright Global Scholar Award.
The application deadline for most awards is August 1, 2017. Learn more by attending a webinar, staff workshop, or ambassador presentation. We look forward to assisting you throughout the application process!
- Feb. 8: The 2018-2019 Core Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program-What’s New?
The webinar will cover new awards and ongoing areas of interest. Fulbright Staff will be on hand to answer your questions throughout the presentation.
- Feb. 14: How to Navigate the Catalog of Awards
We are excited to showcase a brand new Catalog of Awards for the 2018-2019 competition! Learn how to navigate the Catalog, compare awards, and find the best match for your background and interests.
- Feb. 22: Why You Should Apply for an All Disciplines Award
Awards titled “All Disciplines” are found in a majority of Fulbright host countries. Join this presentation to understand this category of awards and learn how to craft a strong application.
Attend a workshop to learn about the different aspects of the Fulbright Scholar Program and how to choose the best award for you:
- Feb. 8: Duke University
- Feb. 10: Central Connecticut State University
- Feb. 14: Iowa State University
- Feb. 15: Grinnell College
- Feb. 15: MGH Institute of Health Professions
- Feb. 15: Emory University
- Feb. 15: Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences University
- Feb. 16: University of Iowa
- Feb. 16: University of Massachusetts Boston
- Feb. 20: Wake Forest University
- Feb. 21: Berklee College of Music
- Feb. 21: Barton College
- Feb. 22: University of North Carolina Asheville
- Feb. 23: Bennett College
- Feb. 24: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Feb. 27: Becker College
- Feb. 28: University of South Florida
- Feb. 28: Framingham State College
The Outreach Team
Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program
Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES)
Institute of International Education (IIE)