STEM Librarian (Scholarly Resources Librarian)
The University of Texas at San Antonio Libraries seeks an energetic, customer-focused STEM Librarian to provide library, research, and education services to faculty, staff and students to enrich the academic curriculum and support the research enterprise. The librarian will also provide reference assistance online and in person.
Qualifications & Experience
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA accredited program. Degree must be completed prior to start date.
- Knowledge of print and online resources in the biological sciences, physical sciences or engineering.
- Knowledge of new technologies and software associated with service delivery in libraries and academic institutions.
- Knowledge of specialized software and/or datasets relevant to the biological sciences, physical sciences or engineering.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Use of standard office equipment including library and business PC applications.
- Six months experience using and teaching information resources in the biological sciences, physical sciences or engineering.
- Degree or coursework in the biological sciences, physical sciences or engineering.
- An understanding and knowledge of current and emerging trends in science and engineering
- Knowledge of scholarly communication, open access initiatives or open educational resources
- Experience with bibliographic management software
- Experience using statistical software/tools related to research including but not limited to SPSS, SAS, and R.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time A&P, benefits-eligible position.
Job Posting Closes: Open Until Filled
For complete position announcement, along with the online application, access the UTSA, Human Resources, STARS, website at https://jobs.utsa.edu/postings/3853. You will be required to attach a resume, cover letter, and a list with the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references. For assistance accessing the online system call UTSA Human Resources at (210) 458-4250.