The Association of Reproductive Health Professionals—one of the best and most unique places to work in DC—is seeking an articulate, enthusiastic, flexible, and organized communications manager to join its professional team.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $58,000 – $63,000 with a competitive benefits package. ARHP maintains a family-friendly work environment, and respects and encourages work/life balance.
Communications Strategy and Planning
- Develop and execute annual strategic communications plan.
- Supervise all promotional activities for ARHP programs and publications.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, brochures, postcards, flyers, etc.
- Supervise the inclusion of ads and printed promotions in ARHP’s peer-reviewed journal,Contraception: an international reproductive health journal.
- Coordinate with education staff and consultants to develop promotional plans—including timelines—for ARHP activities.
- Establish performance metrics; track and report impact of strategic marketing efforts.
- Represent ARHP at sessions, briefings, and exhibit booths when necessary.
Policy and Advocacy Support
- Write and disseminate action alerts and organizational statements in collaboration with the president and CEO and the policy committee.
- Ensure policy and advocacy initiatives are communicated to the ARHP board of directors, staff, and constituents.
- Collaborate with the education department to develop new and innovative digital educational products (e.g., podcasts, whiteboard videos, etc.).
- Identify and contract with relevant vendors.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure smooth development of digital products.
- Supervise website activities, including technology, design, and other communications staff, consultants, and subcontractors.
- Oversee ARHP’s selection, contracting, and migration for a new website.
- Monitor website to ensure the incorporation of the latest evidence-based information.
- Ensure up-to-date content for program-related pages on the ARHP website, in collaboration with education team members.
- Work with education team members to ensure CORE, ARHP’s open-access database of peer-reviewed, evidence-based teaching materials, is regularly updated.
- Develop and execute measurable objectives to enhance website quality and accuracy.
CRM and LMS Management
- Collaborate with the executive and membership assistant to ensure the accuracy and efficacy of the database (CRM).
- Oversee the selection, contracting, and migration to a new Learning Management System (LMS).
- Collaborate with executive and membership assistant to ensure that ARHP’s database, including membership and supporter lists, are accurate and up-to-date
Media and Public Relations
- Write and disseminate press releases and statements in collaboration with the CEO and policy committee
- Strategically increase the level and quality of ARHP media contacts to refine and enhance communications and public relations activities.
- Report media activities to ARHP staff and board.
- Supervise communications staff, consultants, vendors, and interns: Establish work and project plans; track team members’ progress; provide support, guidance, and technical assistance in performing work tasks; conduct introductory period and annual performance reviews; hire new staff members; implement performance improvement plans, as necessary.
- Identify and coordinate with relevant vendors to ensure smooth development of ARHP products.
- As with all ARHP staff members, performs general administrative duties as needed
For more information and to view the full posting, click here.