Full time 12-month position.
Faculty Librarian Subject Specialist – responsible for developing professional relationships with faculty members in their assigned departments. The Liaison will focus on the teaching of information literacy/discovery skills – both generally and within his/her subject specialty, developing resources that connect UCM students and faculty with the information that they are seeking, providing research and information services to UCM faculty and students, developing collections in his/her subject areas, and being active in the library profession and across campus.
As a faculty member, the Liaison will engage in shared governance and pursue scholarly activities. Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program in library or information science or equivalent degree.
- Experience in an academic library, including experience in providing reference services, instruction (online and in person), developing online instructional tools, (e.g. LibGuides, etc)
- Experience developing collections in the subject liaison areas.
- Knowledge of and experience in science-related disciplines is strongly preferred
- Effective written, verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with library faculty and staff in a team environment.
- Completion of a second advanced degree (Master’s or Ph.D) in the area of science or related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
To apply, see full job listing here.