On June 15, 2016 IFLA held a free webinar, “Big Data: new roles and opportunities for new librarians,” as part of their New Librarians, Global Connection Webinar Series.
Please click here to access the recording in Adobe Connect and find the slides from presentations below (you may click on the titles to access the PDF files):
- Introduction to the Webinar by the New Professionals Special Interest Group
- “Clothes don’t make people”: New opportunities for the new librarians by Glòria Pérez-Salmerón
- Big Data: definition, limitations and examples from everyday life by Dr. Martin Hilbert
- Data Visualizations Meet Libraries: New Opportunities by Dr. Michelle Chen
- The Library (Big) Data scientist by Wouter Klapwijk