The IFLA World Congress is a major event in the fields of libraries, information and access to knowledge. It’s an exceptional opportunity to highlight, showcase and reinforce the roles of American libraries.
Become a volunteer!
The IFLA Columbus 2016 national committee is seeking 300 to 400 volunteers to assist our international delegate guests at the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) in August 2016.
IFLA WLIC Columbus 2016!
We need you to participate in the success of this conference!
More than 4,000 professionals from 150 nations are expected to be in Columbus, Ohio for this worldwide event. We’re recruiting volunteers to welcome them and assist them during the conference. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to meet colleagues from all over the world, to discover international librarianship and to commit yourself at the global level.
Here are five good reasons to become an IFLA Columbus 2016 Volunteer:
1. Free registration (a significant $ value) if you commit three (3) half days of volunteering service during the conference. This gives you access to more than 200 sessions of the Congress.
2. Complimentary lunches on the Congress site on the days of service.
3. Opportunities to meet library professionals from many nations.
4. On-site training for the experience.
5. A certificate of appreciation for your efforts.
The basic requirements to become an IFLA Columbus 2016 Volunteer:
• You are available to be in Columbus from August 11-19, 2016.
• You are interested in international librarianship.
• You want to experience a major international congress at a lowered cost.
Support available for all Volunteers:
• A team is available on-site at all times to advise and guide volunteers.
• A group of volunteer co-coordinators will support, train and advise you prior to and during the event.
• Travel support may be available for early-career professionals.
Recruitment period: October 1, 2015 through May 1, 2016.
Should you decide to accept this challenge in Columbus, you will:
• Welcome and guide IFLA delegates.
• Prepare and distribute materials and documentation.
• Assist delegates, speakers and organizers at the Congress venues.
• Accompany guests on local and regional library visits.
To apply visit https://library.osu.edu/news/ifla-volunteers/