Loyola. Notre Dame Library (serving Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University)
ARCHIVES AND SPECIAL COLLECTIONS
Assist Head Archives and Special Collections (Part-time, 28 hours per week through December 16, 2013)
Under the general direction of the Head of Archives and Special Collections assist in all functions of the department which holds the archives of both universities, special book collections, the general rare and antiquarian book collection, and several manuscript collections.
Essential Functions include:
- Public service: Responding to the high volume of research and project based requests and individual queries the department receives regularly, as well as assisting visitors to the department.
- Collections management: Data entry in PastPerfect and Contentdm ; processing and integrating materials into our two archival collections; updating our finding aids; managing acquisitions.
- Supervision of interns, student assistants and volunteers; becoming familiar and assisting with their projects.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Certified Archivist, with an M.A. degree in History, Public History, Museum Studies, or an M.L.S. degree with a major concentration in Archives.
- At least 5 years experience (managerial preferred) in an archival or special collections facility with a strong active commitment to public service.
- Experienced in working with and serving students, faculty, university staff and administration.
Salary: Competitive. No benefits.
Application Process: Please submit electronically a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references to:
Loyola. Notre Dame Library
The Loyola. Notre Dame Library is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender, disability, or age.