Provide library services to patrons during library hours beyond the regular schedule, also:
- Provides circulation and course reserves services: assists with processing and maintaining materials requested for course reserves and holds; maintains circulation desk, physical facilities and equipment; follows the library policies and procedures.
- Collects and updates library statistics.
- Answers inquiries concerning policies, loan periods, and fines.
- Assist patrons in the use of the library catalog.
- Assists with stacks maintenance and shelving; prepares packages for materials shipped to other branch libraries.
- Troubleshoots and/or reports technical problems with the circulation computers, equipment; and follows procedure for closing the library.
- Recognizes, resolves and informs supervisor of any non-routine occurrences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work schedule is primarily 9:00 pm-2:00 am, Sunday through Thursday.
- Part-time (25 hours/week)
Experience in a public service or other public contact position; working knowledge of the nature and function of libraries.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of a library circulation system
- Demonstrates analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a diverse public
- Exercises sound judgment, demonstrates initiative and sees projects to completion
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with colleagues
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and web searching
- Ability to deal effectively with the public
- Ability to handle detailed operations with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience with automated circulation and online catalog and database searching
How to Apply
Please send resume to Madhu Singh at email@example.com.
Best Consideration Date: August 16 ,2013
The Universities at Shady Grove and University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, political affiliation, and gender identity or expression. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.